ALL ROUND PROTECTION FOR THE INTERIOR
Combining all the advantages of oils and waxes in one unique product. It is possible to create an almost infinite variation of naturally occurring colour shades to enhance the grain showing a gorgeous, natural colour tone or if you prefer a choice of intensive, bright or vivid colours - Wood Wax Finish is the product to give your interior wood a durable surface that adapts to the demands of life. Resistant to water and dirt, is wipe-proof and stain resistant. Easy application - no need for sanding between coats, which saves time and money. Resistant against liquid spillages and the dry finish is safe for humans, plants and animals.
Transparent colours allow for the wood's natural grain and character to remain visible. For high tread surfaces such as flooring, a second coat of Polyx®-Oil is required. Otherwise, for furniture and joinery a second coat of Wood Wax Finish can be applied for a more intensive colour tone.
Approx. coverage: 24m²/L with one coat
No. of coats: 1-2
Application temperature: +5°C
Drying time: 24 hrs.
Sizes: 0.125L, 0.375L, 0.750L, 2.5L
- Suitable for all interior use
- Wood grain remains visible with transparent tones and wood grain can be hidden with intensive tones
- Very durable and hardwearing
- Water and dirt resistant
- Resistant to common liquid spillages such as water, juice, tea, cola and wine
- Saliva-resistant and sweatproof, suitable for children's toys
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel or flake
- No sanding necessary for spot repairs or future applications
- For resinous wood species, use Osmo Wood Wax Finish Clear Extra Thin.
- Two coats can be applied on wooden furniture, doors and joinery, but only one coat on flooring - as a second coat of Osmo Polyx®-Oil is required.
- Wood grain remains visible with 'transparent' tones and wood grain is hidden (after two coats) of 'intensive' tones.
- When using 3111 White as the first coat on flooring, a second coat of 3040 White from Polyx®-Oil Tints is recommended to avoid yellowing.
- Recommended application amount is 35 ml/m²
Lightly coloured glazing effect: within 20 minutes after applying the coat, wipe with a cloth or a white pad along the wood grain.
- As a colouring primer for flooring: Leave to dry for approx. 24 hrs to allow pigmentation to cure before applying second coat with Osmo Polyx®-Oil.
- For alternative colour tones, see Osmo Polyx®-Oil Tints.
- Multi-purpose cleaners such as washing up liquids and detergents are highly detrimental to the finished surface and is not recommended to be used as discolouration or staining may be possible.
- Other household cleaning products such as vanish, bleach, baking soda etc. are likely to cause severe discolouration or staining.
- Be cautious if applying 3062 Clear Matt over a dark coloured surface such as 3161 Ebony or 3169 Black.
- The matting agents within 3062 may produce a white mist or powdery effect upon the surface. It is recommended to apply 3065 Semi-Matt if a sheen is not desired.
- Always trial apply!